Businessman Robert Vadra has unconditionally withdrawn his petition from the Delhi High Court, which challenged a trial court order summoning him in a money-laundering case linked to a land deal in Haryana’s Shikohpur. He filed the plea earlier this month as noted.
Businessman Robert Vadra withdrew unconditionally from the Delhi High Court a petition challenging an order by a trial court that had directed him to appear in a money-laundering case connected to a land deal in Haryana’s Shikohpur.
Justice Manoj Jain recorded that the petitioner was not pursuing the matter further.
Justice Manoj Jain recorded in the order,
“Learned counsel for the petitioner, at the very outset, submits that as per his instructions, the petitioner is not interested in pursuing the present petition and they seek to withdraw the same unconditionally,”
The court also stated that Vadra’s counsel would make submissions before the trial court at an appropriate stage and that all parties’ rights and contentions would remain open.
ALSO READ: Robert Vadra’s Pahalgam Remarks| Allahabad HC Rejects PIL Seeking SIT Probe
The judge observed,
“The counsel for Mr. Vadra, the husband of Congress MP Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, said he would make appropriate submissions” before the trial court at an appropriate stage. All rights and contentions of the parties are kept open and the petition is disposed of,”
Last week, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) opposed the petition, arguing that it was based on an incorrect legal submission.
The ED’s stand was made while responding to arguments by senior advocate Abhishek Singhvi, who represented Vadra.
Singhvi contended that the ED lacked jurisdiction because the offences cited against Vadra under the Indian Penal Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act were not scheduled offences under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) at the relevant time.
Singhvi argued that the land transaction took place between 2008 and 2012, while the offences relied upon by the ED were only added to the schedule in 2013 and 2018. The ED, through its counsel, rejected this position, calling the plea incorrect and stating it was a complete false statement on law.
Earlier, on April 15, 2026, the trial court took cognisance of offences referenced in the ED’s charge sheet filed in July 2025, and directed Vadra and others to appear on May 16.
This was the first time any investigating agency had filed a charge sheet against the 57-year-old Vadra in a criminal case. In April 2025, the ED had questioned him for three consecutive days.
In its cognisance order, Special Judge Sushant Changotra said the charge sheet and a prima facie broader examination of the documents indicated sufficient material to proceed against Vadra and eight other accused persons.
The judge noted that cognisance had been taken of offences under Section 3 (money laundering) read with Section 70 (offences committed by companies), which are punishable under Section 4 of the PMLA.
The prosecution against Vadra is tied to the Manesar–Shikohpur (now Sector 83) land deal in Gurugram district. According to the case details, the transaction was carried out in February 2008 by Skylight Hospitality Private Limited, in which Vadra had previously been a director.
Under the deal, the company purchased a 3.5-acre plot in Shikohpur from Onkareshwar Properties for Rs.7.5 crore, during a period when Haryana was governed by the Congress under Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
In September 2012, four years later, the company sold the land to realty firm Delhi Land and Finance (DLF) for Rs.58 crore.
ALSO READ: Money-Laundering Case: Robert Vadra Approaches Delhi HC to Stay Trial Court Summons
The transaction drew controversy in October 2012, after IAS officer Ashok Khemka then posted as director general of land consolidation and land records-cum-inspector-general of registration cancelled the mutation, categorising it as violating the state’s consolidation act and related procedures.
Vadra has denied wrongdoing throughout, describing the case as a political vendetta against him and his family, including former Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.
Along with Vadra, summonses were issued to Kewal Singh Virk, Skylight Hospitality Private Limited (now Skylight Hospitality LLP), Skylight Realty Private Limited, Real Earth Estates Private Limited (now Real Earth Estates LLP), Blue Breeze Trading Private Limited (now Blue Breeze Trading LLP), and others.

